Saturday, January 25, 2014

~~Opposites~~

The kitchens below are completely opposite of one another....
they are both so interesting and have tons of personality ...
One is dark and primitive...
The other is light and cottage~y....

 I doubt the exposed wood in the first kitchen is original...
I would imagine it was added for interest...
I love all the dried goods and basket on display...
The dark painted cabinets have some kind of a painted scene on the inset...
Don't miss the Blackbird Pie on the table...
You can peek through the door that leads into perhaps a pantry ...
looks like lots of goodies lining the shelves in there...
Another kitchen with a rusty red tile floor!!
Braided rugs are just the right touch!
Did you notice the drawers on the bottom cabinets 
are painted a constrast color to match the inset of the 
upper cabinet doors!!
Don't miss the wonderful primitive tin lighting above the table!


(click on photo to enlarge)
*Comforts of Country 1995*


This kitchen is airy, cheerful and bright...
Even though I tend to lean towards dark and gloomy...
I just can't help from loving this look too!
The light paneled ceiling gives the kitchen just enough of a primitive~county touch...
Many might think the homespun checked curtains are out of style...but, I think they are still just as darling as ever...I think they're a keeper!
That wallpaper looks almost identical to what I have in my bedroom!
And someone got creative and did a faux painted bookcase!
The lighting above the table is divine....
I don't know if all the lit'l doo~dads and birds were added later or if the 
chandelier was made that way....they add such a fun touch!
Using the wicker chairs for the seating is exactly what this room calls for!!!
And you can never go wrong using a quilt for a table topper.
You can just get a peek in the bottom right hand corner a glimpse of a
dark burgundy floral rug under the table.

(click on photo to enlarge)
*Comforts Of Country 1995*

Enjoy!
09 10