Click Below To Visit~

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

~Woody Walls~

You'd think using so much wood in a bedroom would make it look dark and drab...too manly for a woman,  ...but it's not........  I think it gives such warmth to the room!

(click on photo to enlarge)
 *Country Home 1993*

Just look at all the different patterns dressing the iron bed!
If you're like me I can spend forever studying every little thing in this room...
Is that a filet crochet framed work of art above the bed?
Are those pillows needlepoint...sometimes it's hard to tell exactly, but my creative mind goes into overdrive when I'm taking it all in!
Looks like a hooked rug on the floor...can't tell whether it's hooked with wool or yarn....




(click on photo to enlarge)
*Country Living 1994*

Once again so many textiles used in this room....
The smaller crib size of the quilt is perfect for wall display...
And the shelving surrounding the room, is great for showing off collections...
Is that a framed cross stitch sampler peeking out on the right hand side?!
This room seems to have a hooked rug too!

Some folks think ya can't have rugs, if your home is carpet throughout....
Most of my house has carpet....I use rugs any way....

The rugs help save the wear and tear on your carpet and I like the added color and interest it adds to a room....it's like adding art to the floor!

Enjoy!

09 10