Pages

Click Below To Visit~

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

~Running Out Of Time?~

Do You Ever Feel You Might Run Out Of Time?
To Create Everything You Want To Try?
When I Was Doing Hickety Pickety...
As A Full Time Living...
I Was Creating In Such A Whirlwind...
I Wasn't Enjoying The Process...

From 2007 To 2013...
I Didn't Create Anything...
Didn't Look At Art Online...
Didn't Walk Into An Antique Store Or Craft Store...

Some Days I Feel...
I Wish I Could Get Those Years Back...
Be Able To Tack Them On To What  Time I Have Left...
I Don't Regret Walking Away From Creating...
I Desperately Needed The Break....
Hickety Pickety Had Taken On A Life Of It's Own...
It Had Grown Out Of Control...
It Dominated My Life...
I Felt Like I Was Suffocating...
The Last Two Years Of Doing It...
Was Hard...I Struggled To Maintain The Pace...
I Let The Money Dictate My Happiness...
I Was Making More Money...
Than I Ever Thought Would Be Possible..
Sounds Strange..
But, At Times I Wish I Wasn't Making So Much Money...
I Knew If I Let The Money Dictate When I Quit...
I Would Never Quit...
 
To Put Into Perspective How Many Orders I Would Get...
Before Orders Came By Email...
As Email Orders Don't Seem As Overwhelming...
When You Don't Actually See The Stacks Of Mail...
We Had To Pick Up Our Mail From The Post Office...
They Would No Longer Deliver It...
We Had To Put In A 2nd Phone Line...
Or No One Ever Got To Make Personal Calls...
Because Before I Started A Website...
We Received Phone Orders Nonstop Too...
 
So One Morning I Woke Up...
Checked My Email...
Saw All The Orders...
And Just Knew I Was Done...
Replied To The Emails That I Was No Longer In Business...
Refunded Their Money .. 
Instantly Took Down My Website...
No Notice..No Going Out Of Business Shindigs..No Nothing...
And Slowly The Word Got Out..
I Was DONE! 
 
I've Been Asked Many Times If I Regret My Decision...
No...Never...
I've Came Out With Maybe 10 New Patterns...
In The Past 3-4 Years...
Back In The Day...
I Was Doing About 16 New Patterns A Year...
And Those Patterns ...
Would Have Up To 6 Designs In Them...
On Top Of That...
For 2 Years I Traveled And Taught Classes...
I Also Did Licensing....
 All That Was Just On The Business End...
That Didn't Include Everything Going On Personally...

Now I Create When I Want...
And What I Want...
The Money I Make From My Art...
Allows Me To Keep Doing My Hobbies...
Those Hobbies Include Shopping For Clothes (Online)...
Spoiling My Kiddos & Grandbabes...
Buying More (Not Needed) Stuff For The House..
Buying More Art Supplies....
I Consider All That Stuff My Hobbies...
I Always Want My Hobbies...
To Support Themselves.... 
The Husband Always Says...
You Know The Money In The Bank Is Yours Too...
I'm Too Independent To Not Make Money Myself...
For What I Want To Spend It On...
 
But, I Feel Some Days I'm Running Out Of Time...
If I Live As Long As My Mom Did...
I Have 13 Years Left ...
I Still Want To Knit A Wearable Garment This Year...
Not Just A Scarf...
But, Maybe A Vest Or Cardigan...
Yep...I'm Dreaming Big...
 
I Still Want To Dabble With Polymer Clay..
I Still Want To Do Some Mosaics....
I've Tried Many Many Types Of Creating...
But, I Know There's Lots I Haven't Done Yet...
See I Need To Be Able To Tack...
Those Years I Didn't Create Onto The End...
Give Me Some More Time! 

I Hope Whatever You Are Doing Today...
You Are Doing It Because It Make You Happy!

Enjoy!

 
 

09 10