Click Below To Visit~

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

~It's All About Me....FINALLY!!~

For Years I Created For Someone Else...
Even Though My Stuff...
Was A Bit Outside The Box...
I Still Held Back A Lot...
I HAD To Cater To Enough Folks...
To Make A Living...

I Still Find Myself...
Hearing That Voice Inside...
Tellin' Me That ....
"They Won't Like That"...
"That's Too Weird"...
"They're Not Ready For That"...
So I Find Myself Changing The Design...
Tweaking It So It's More...
Middle Of The Road...

I Asked Myself ...Why?
Why Am I Still Doing That...
Creating For Others...
Instead Of Making It All About Me?

I Guess It's About Acceptance..
We Want Others To Like What We Do...
Even If What We Do...
Isn't Really Being True To Ourselves...

I Think That's Why I Love...
Doing  My "Funked Up Art"...
I Create For Me...
No One Else...

I Did Create Only For Me Though...
When I Did The BIG Punch Needle Pieces ....
Last Year...
I Knew When I Designed Those...
That Folks Wouldn't Want To ...
Punch Such Large Pieces...

But, I LOVE Them...
The Big Punched Pieces ...
Have So Much More Impact ...
They Get Noticed!!

I've Made A Promise To Myself...
Starting Today...
Everything I Create...
Whelp...
It's All About Me...FINALLY!!

Enjoy!
 



09 10